Drafting & Design
The Drafter prepares presentation and technical drawings using AutoCAD and other computer software. The employee is responsible for drawing preliminary prints used in client meetings, as well as complete sets of residential working drawings. The drafter ensures the project adheres to code and completes all necessary permit applications. They also make sure sub-contractors possess complete and updated prints. In addition, the qualified candidate will perform tasks such as making revisions, assembling specific sets of prints, and attending print review meetings. Interested in applying? Please contact Nick Johnston at Nick@CarriageManor.com.
- Create preliminary drawings for client presentations
- Complete residential working drawings to be used for permits and construction
- Prepare detailed elevations, floor plans, roof plans, building sections, and electrical and plumbing layouts
- Design soil & erosion plans
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures
- Consult code books and product specifications for accurate design
- Maintain positive interactions with clients, contractors, municipality inspectors, and employees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred, but not required. Desirable emphasis in Architectural Drafting. Will consider experience in lieu of college degree.
- Three plus years of experience in drafting
- Experience in completing various types of residential drawings
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and positive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Very organized with systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Strong computer aptitude and technical skills
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit during operation of a computer for a prolonged period of time. The position entails work of office nature, such as operating computers, plotters, and shredders; the employee also performs other administrative tasks. The drafter must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, as well as talk and hear clearly. The employee is required to have visual acuity to see close and distant vision, and to perform activities to measure, inspect, and observe constructed products.
The qualified candidate must be able to move about the office and travel to onsite and offsite meetings. Some tasks may subject the employee to construction zones with moving machinery, mechanical parts, trip and fall hazards, uneven terrain, and moderate to loud noises. Such tasks may occasionally require exposure to such environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, temperature extremes, and rain, as well as fumes, noise extremes, machinery, and vibrations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.