Join Our Team
The Construction Manager schedules and coordinates daily construction labor and material to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. The qualified candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of our homes and renovation projects. This includes maintaining the highest quality and supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices. Interested in applying? Please contact Nick Johnston at Nick@CarriageManor.com.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Assist in securing new work by participating in estimates, working with subcontractors and/or participating in proposals and presentations
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, municipality inspectors, and employees.
- Prepares, schedules, and supervises completion of final punch lists.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, but not required. Desirable emphasis in Construction Management. Will consider experience in lieu of college degree.
- Three plus years experience in project management.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Ability to effectively work with managers and employees at all levels and develop positive relationships and a productive culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Very organized with systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or walk for a prolonged period of time. The employee is regularly required to climb ladders, stairs, ramps, and roof tops up to 40’ high; as well as balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in tight spaces. The employee may use arms to reach in any direction, and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasional work of office nature, including short periods of sitting during operation of a computer and performing other administrative tasks. The employee must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, as well as talk and hear clearly. The employee is required to have visual acuity to see close and distant vision, and to perform activities to measure, inspect, and observe constructed products.
Must be able to move about the office, and travel to onsite and offsite meetings. Regular exposure to construction zones with moving machinery, mechanical parts, trip and fall hazards, uneven terrain, and moderate to loud noises. Tasks may occasionally require exposure to such environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, temperature extremes, and rain, as well as fumes, noise extremes, machinery, and vibrations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.